[3830] CWopsT VE7FO QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jun 18 02:22:27 EDT 2015

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Jun 18

Call: VE7FO
Operator(s): VE7FO
Station: VE7FO

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Vancouver

   40:   9      7
   20:  22     22
Total:  31     29  Total Score = 899

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Well, that was different.  I'm transitioning from XP computer and N1MM Classic
to a Win 7 Intel NUC and NIMM+.  I was hoping to have everything figured out
and working for CWT but have had endless problems getting everything to
function.  Finally found a baud rate setting in the K3 Panadaptor which I had
overlooked.  BINGO... the boxes are talking to each other and I've got 15
minutes to get everything configured the way I like to have things.  Well, I
was barely functional by 0300 but started anyway.  Lots of new stuff in N1MM+
to figure out.

I decided to try QRP to see what that's like.  Contacts were much easier to
make than I expected.  Cndx were pretty good which helped.

S&P'd for 15 min and Ran from then on.  Kept moving up the band until I
found a spot where I could be heard.

I had RBN up on the screen and was surprised by how many Skimmers heard me all
over the continent.  I'll have to check out the significance of the reported
SNR.  It was 27 dB at some skimmers.

Will probably be on next week from my Club's FD staging area as a last check
that all is OK.

Thanks for the Qs and your willingness to dig out my sig.

73. Jim  VE7FO