[3830] ARRL June VHF KF2MR/R Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jun 18 23:11:26 EDT 2015

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: KF2MR/R
Operator(s): KF2MR
Station: KF2MR/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH:

  903:   11     6
  1.2:   10     6
  2.3:    1     1
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  299    85  Total Score = 37,655

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Comments:

This was by far my best contest yet and I had a lot of fun. Great level of local
activity and FM provided a big boost to the QSO count. My average QSO rate was
about 14 per hour over 21 hours, which kept me busier than in the past. I
experienced some kind of duct into FM19 allowing a 260 mile QSO on 432 with an
S7-9 signal. I was also happy to benefit from the 6m opening on Sunday evening,
though I missed some of it. The rain and lightning caused a change in plans on
Sunday and I regret that I did not make it to the Lake for microwave Q's with
the guys in Ontario. Meeting up for dinner on Sunday with some of the other
local rovers and contesters was a good time. Special thanks to VE3OIL/R for
having the patience to help me with my first (and only) 2.3G contact and W2EV
for coordinating the FM blitz after dinner.