[3830] TBDC KV4FZ Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 21 15:34:22 EDT 2015

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Summer

Call: KV4FZ
Operator(s): KV4FZ
Station: KV4FZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: U.S. Virgin Islands

Total:  QSOs = 48  Total Score = 556

Endless calling of stations who could not hear me even on the East Coast. I
could understand some of this with my amp in Longmont, Co undergoing a much
needed overhaul.  Yet even super stations with good RX antennas were very
difficult. What was most amazing was a short opening to Western Europe with
strong signals better than the U.S by far.  This was started by OK1ATP, and
followed by DF5AU, PA5KT,EA3AKA G3SYN,EA3NT IK1RAE,G4UFK and F6LBP.  Such a
good opening in the summer is rare but in addition to this Chris ZS6UT sent me
an e mail after the contest that I was readable in southern Africa during this
opening.  Nothing much heard past the Ohio River except for WD5R and VE6SV.
Usually something from AZ or Cal is there but not this time.