[3830] All Asian CW NA6O SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 21 19:09:43 EDT 2015

                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: NA6O
Operator(s): NA6O
Station: NA6O

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Livermore, CA
Operating Time (hrs):

   10:    7     6
-------------------
Total:  144    98  Total Score = 14,798

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

TS-590, KPA500, low dipole, N1MM+
First time for AA. With the dipole at 15 ft, the only times anything
significant was workable was 40 at dawn and 15 after noon. Basically dead
except for a total of about 6 hours per day. Got a few DX besides JA. I have no
idea what it's like to have a directional antenna, nor one that is way up in the
air. Must be nice to actually hear/work so many stations. Real-time reporting to
NCCC was interesting to watch.

Also saw all the 6m spotting activity on Sunday afternoon so... Made my first 3
QSOs ever on 6 running 100W into my vertical (with SWR >6). First time I've
EVER heard signals on 6.