[3830] All Asian CW AL9A SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 21 20:26:22 EDT 2015

                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: AL9A
Operator(s): AL9A
Station: AL9A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Wasilla, AK
Operating Time (hrs): 16:30

   20:  227   117
   15:  343   118
Total:  708   304  Total Score = 222,224

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Fun weekend, although for me this was more of a worked All JA contest! Other
than a handful of other Asia stations it was almost always the JA stations that
could be worked. Fortunately, there are lots of them!

Biggest thrills were about 20 -30 minutes on 40M early this morning when the
pile up approached EU bedlam and then this afternoon when there was a small
opening on 10M of all things! Had several US stations call me at various times
and I worked most of them despite their being worth zero points. Strangely
enough I was never called by any EU stations seeking to make an AK QSO. I would
like to think it was good behavior on their part, but probably was more due to
the poor conditions over the pole!