[3830] All Asian CW NE9U(@W0AIH) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 22 19:02:13 EDT 2015

                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: NE9U
Operator(s): NE9U
Station: W0AIH

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: wi

   20:  286   113
   15:  604   184
Total:  933   325  Total Score = 284,700

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

I had never participated in this contest before.  Wisconsin has about 3 months
of summer, so summer weekends have always been off limits to radio.  But now
that I am a retired old fart, every day is the same!  :-)

Up until Wednesday I was planning a low power operation from home.  But then my
91 year old mother who lives in Eau Claire was admitted to the hospital and I
decided to visit her instead.  Then I talked to Paul, W0AIH who also lives in
Eau Claire and he said to operate from his place.  So I was able to operate and
visit Mom!

W0AIH is set up for multi multi.  But each band position has access to all the
Rhombics.  So I sat at the 10 meter position and was able to use the JA and
Europe Rhombics.  And with a couple patch cables I routed the 15 and 20 meter
stacks to the 10 position to cover the area between 335 and 45 degrees.

I have always though the JA rhombic was Paul's best antenna.  I still think it
it is!  And it was kinda cool to think I was one of the only, if not the only
person in the world using Rhombics!  :-)

Thanks to Paul for having me over.  Always nice visiting (and he showed me the
progress on the 80 meter Yagi that will be up in time for CQWW!)

Scott  NE9U