[3830] All Asian CW 9M2CNC SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jun 23 09:16:18 EDT 2015

                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: 9M2CNC
Operator(s): 9M2CNC
Station: 9M2CNC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OJ03

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   15: 1279    87
Total: 2554   248  Total Score = 1,645,232

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Elecraft K3 (old synth :-)) and Icom PW1 - 400W output
20/15/10 - C3s at 12m
40 - D40 at 12m

Despite several solar flares over the weekend conditions were better than I
hoped for.

40m - lowish noise levels but my lack of RX antenna hurt me. This is still my
weakest band
20m - high band noise made life difficult at times
15m - lower band noise and some great US openings with BIG signals
10m - never really opened to EU and this was disappointing as I am down on
mults

An enjoyable contest. I am now middle aged (49) and observed that I am younger
than most JA CW contesters but older than the CW new blood (BD/BH and DG/DM
etc). Indeed this year I was pleasantly surprised by the increasing number of
BH ops with snappy CW skills.

Good participation from 9M2 this year.

Great to see Khun Champ doing so well from XW. I don't envy those HUGE pileups.

I found pileups harder to control this year. Sending DL1? doesn't always reduce
the pileup that much :-)

Thanks for all the QSOs!

Log will be uploaded to LoTW later this week.

73 de Rich, 9M2CNC/G4ZFE