[3830] ARRL FD VE9AA 1B QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 28 14:26:55 EDT 2015

                    ARRL Field Day

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: 1B QRP
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs): 8:11

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  211     0       0  Total Score = 2,110

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Repeat after me.  The HW-9 is not a contest radio ! (but it sure is fun @ FD).
One of my earliest FD memories was with John McKendy, then VE1BF (now sadly a
SK) . Under his guidance as a mere 14 yr old I worked some W6's and even Hawaii
on 15m using his HW-8 QRP rig, so now when I can, I whip out my HW-9 and work
some field day stns with some ferocious flea power of a mighty 3.5 watts or
so.
It's a lot of work, this QRP business, lemme tell ya, but it brings back some
good memories of days gone by.

Hard to get the attn. of many on 80m as might have been expected.
Some nice signals on 40m, even in the daytime.
20m was the money band.
Some good signals on 15m, but few and far between.
EVen a few sigs on 10m, but everyone was on 15 & 20m I think.
Very few "big" #'s except from W3AO (18a)...methinks those days are
gone?

73 de Mike VE9AA....HW-9, MFJ-keyer(no memories used), 100% Bencher paddles,
batteries, solar, ZS6BKW (G5RV like) on a temp. mast as an inverted vee in a
field.