[3830] ARRL FD AL9A 1E LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 28 16:13:28 EDT 2015

                    ARRL Field Day

Call: AL9A
Operator(s): AL9A
Station: AL9A

Class: 1E LP
QTH: Wasilla, AK
Operating Time (hrs): 5:18

   20:   75     14     12
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:   88     14     12  Total Score = 214

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Spent four days last week with my grandson at Cub Scout camp so was pretty tired
right from the get go. Propagation was generally poor, but had occasional spikes
from time to time. Biggest kick was getting both of my grandchildren, ages 12
and 10, on the air for their first contest style operating. They did great!
Each of them made 5 QSOs and now they are really pumped up about getting on the
air again. Looks like I have a lot of explanation sessions ahead of me. Hope to
get them started reading the Technician License Manual this afternoon!

BTW, first Field Day ever where I got more bonus points than QSO points!