[3830] ARRL FD K8MR 1B QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 28 17:13:33 EDT 2015

                    ARRL Field Day

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: 1B QRP
QTH: NNJ

  160:
   80:   10      6
   40:   65     15
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  128     21      0  Total Score = 1,385

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

My daughter sent out a call for some serious (grand)baby sitting this weekend,
and we responded. To salvage some FD time I brought along the KX3, and hung a
43 ft wire in a pine tree in their back yard, with not very many not very long
radials.

With the urban noise, a three hundred foot ridge half a mile to the west, not
very good band conditions, and lots of rain in the northeast I guess I did not
miss one for the ages. It was good to work lots of the guys back home,
including four QSOs with W8EDU where I would have spent at least part of the
weekend if back in Ohio.

As with any QRP operation, lots of unanswered calls, and in this one zero CQ
generated contacts. This QRP stuff works a lot better when sitting next to salt
water! Which I will be doing again when the weather turns cold.

73  -  Jim K8MR