[3830] NAQP RTTY AK7AR Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 1 01:18:12 EST 2015

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: AK7AR
Operator(s): AK7AR
Station: AK7AR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: 12-Toes,Az

Total:  383   136  Total Score = 52,088

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Team: AOCC Villains

Comments:

How I hate windows, let me count the ways. I have been plagued with a rogue
unstable virtual serial port program that would hang up the computer in a very
erratic fashion and dragging my rates down...

Finally I had enough, I chased this thing down and force windows to immediately
restart this software at anytime it stopped due to some "error". You
know such egregious errors like selecting another window within NL+. I mean
...like my god... is it not obvious that switching windows means that a virtual
serial software would just hang up and shut the system down... how dare I be so
bold as to switch to another window!!

Suffice it to say, it took a toll on my 20m performance but it was worth it as
this wretched software will no long haunt all of my ops. I am not sure why..but
the RTTY ops were especially prone to drive this software over the edge.

Aside from the asinine windows software instabilities... the NAQP was really
fun. High rate ...when the software would run with the ease of point an click.

This software snafu was big... really big for my ops...to get it straightened
out is huge. I am really looking forward to the next contest that will be free
of unstable serial port software.