[3830] CQ160 SSB K0VXU Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 1 12:39:34 EST 2015

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: K0VXU
Operator(s): K0VXU
Station: K0VXU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Kansas
Operating Time (hrs): 15:58

Total:  QSOs = 649  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 9  Total Score = 92,736

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

K3, TL-922A, Inverted L

I hadn't planned on operating much in this contest, but as things worked out I
was able to spend a considerable amount of time in the chair.  My 6+ decade old
body is telling that, too.

Friday/Saturday was very busy with lots of activity.  Here in the middle
country we don't hear the DX as well as others, but I did manage a couple of DX
contacts across the Atlantic.  Running seemed to be productive but S&P
provided some good mults.

Saturday/Sunday seemed slow.  Many of the stations I heard were already in the
log.  Running still seemed productive but there were many minutes of S&P.
Also, the atmospheric noise went up Saturday night as snow began to fall.  The
noise floor went from S7 to S9+10.  If it were not for the ability of the K3 to
knock down the noise, my totals would have been much lower.

A big thanks to all who provided a QSO and a special thanks to all those who
had the patience to stay with me as I struggled to copy through the noise.

Let's do this again next year, okay?

73,
Russ - K0VXU