[3830] CQ160 SSB ZF2AM(K6AM) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 1 12:43:34 EST 2015

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: ZF2AM
Operator(s): K6AM
Station: ZF1A

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Cayman Is.

Total:  QSOs = 930  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 44  Total Score = 509,646

Club: Cayman Amateur Radio Society

Comments:

Conditions were fair the first night and we had a nice but short EU opening.
Not as good on day two.  The band was quieter than most years but the EU run
just never got going.  Thus was our highest score in the past several years and
second highest ever.  I got the sense that we were louder than years past. Stan,
K5GO, gave us a new vertical antenna that he used to post the high score in the
160 CW contest last month. It worked better than our regular two element wire
beam on the more distant states.

Thanks to everyone for the Q's. Thanks also to Andrew and the gang at the CARS
for the hospitality and the use of the very fine station.

I'll see you next week at PJ2T to join WE9V and W0CG to try to break the record
in the ARRL SSB contest.

John, K6AM/ZF2AM