[3830] CQ160 SSB K5GDX Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 2 08:52:18 EST 2015

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: K5GDX
Operator(s): K5DL WQ5L N4SDB KA5VFU WD5BJT KF5NYQ
Station: K5GDX

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: MS
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 736  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 19  Total Score = 123,808

Club: Great Southern DX Association

Comments:

IC-7600 + Ten-Tec Titan (1KW)
Generator power
TX: Balloon-supported 1/4 wave vertical over ~40 radials
RX: 4-square

This was our club's fourth attempt at CQ160 SSB with this portable setup.
Everything worked as expected, there were no thunderstorms to shut us down, and
line noise wasn't a problem.

Conditions didn't seem so good though, especially the second night with the
high K index. Run rates were never very high and really dropped through the
floor during the overnight hours. DX signals weren't strong like in the CW part
or in ARRL DX last weekend. Mults from north of the border were few and far
between -- we only worked NB ON MB AB BC. We had no problem working all of the
CONUS mults, but nothing from AK or HI or anything else around the Pacific.

Thanks for the Qs! 73 de WQ5L