[3830] NCCC Sprint NQ6N LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Mar 6 07:49:41 EST 2015

                    NCCC Sprint - Mar 6

Call: NQ6N
Operator(s): NQ6N
Station: NQ6N

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: HI
Operating Time (hrs):

   20:  11     8
Total:  11     8  Total Score = 88

Still haven't been able to set up any kind of station in the Chicago area so
finally ordered a remoterig control unit and connected it to my K3.

Last night I figured I'd hand out the HI multiplier in the NS. The east coast
was weak on 20m and I wondered if I wasn't being heard there, but checked RBN
afterwords and there were a few spots from W2.

Overall very impressed with RemoteRig (via Remotehamradio.com).  The latency
varies quite a bit depending on the quality of the internet link, but the link
I had to Hawaii was good enough that latency was not really noticeable except
during one QSO where the audio did seem to lag a bit.

My goal for next week is to set up computer logging/sending. I think it's
working, but not getting any sidetone. I think RHR has a recommended way of
doing this using a winkeyer.

73 and hoping to be on more regularly now that I can connect the rig and
paddles to the internet to participate.