[3830] ARRLDX SSB K2TE SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 8 20:19:29 EDT 2015

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K2TE
Operator(s): K2TE
Station: K2TE

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NH

Total: 1694   418  Total Score = 2,124,276

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

For the first time in many months, I did not have to take care of entertaining
my grandson for the weekend so I had plenty of time to operate.  Late Saturday
morning, however, Murphy paid a visit as I was retuning the amplifier on 10
meters.  I think a relay got stuck when I keyed the amp, forcing me to shut it
down.  That's when I noticed the wonderful aroma of burnt wires.  I waited a
few tense moments for flames to start shooting up but I was happy to settle for
the stench instead.

In spite of it all, I had fun re-learning barefoot strategy when working mults
instead of hammering my way through.