[3830] ARRLDX SSB NS3T SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 8 20:33:42 EDT 2015

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: NS3T
Operator(s): NS3T
Station: NS3T

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: MDC

Total:  642   299  Total Score = 575,874

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Another weekend of juggling the family while dashing in and out of the shack for
a few minutes here and there. Conditions were really nice on 10 meters on
Sunday.  15 seemed better to me on Saturday.  20 was just a bit of a struggle
for my 100 watts.  This was all S&P.

ARRL SSB is a reminder that my little antennas work much better in a major CW
contest and not on phone.  In CW, 71% of my QSO's were with Europe - but in
SSB, it was just 44%, thanks to the never-ending supply of PY stations!  It has
been great to see the growth of ham radio contesting in South America in recent
years.

Funniest moment was listening as C6ANM and C6AMM were both calling CQ on the
exact same frequency.

Thanks to everyone for all the QSO's and for the personal greetings from
operators all over the world.

73 Jamie NS3T