[3830] ARRLDX SSB VE4VT SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 9 00:14:41 EDT 2015

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE4VT
Operator(s): VE4VT
Station: VE4VT

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH:

  160:    1     1
Total: 1155   301  Total Score = 1,036,644

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

Absolutely the worst propagation I have experienced in this contest since 2006.
The high Aurora level wiped out the 40m path to Europe Friday night, Saturday
night was much the same except there was a small reprieve for about 1 hour.

Spent most of the time listening to all the folks on the east coast and
southern US working Europe on all bands. Felt very weak here.

10m was packed with signals. Europe was skewed at a heading of 135-145 degrees
instead of the usual 45. Only managed to work a handful of stations off this
path. North/south path was quite good. Polar path to Europe or Asia, forget it,
it was marginal.

I was hopeful Sunday conditions would improve  but Sunday morning, even 15m was
badly skewed to Europe. Things straighten out Sunday afternoon on 15m but it was
too late for our European friends by then.

Oh the joys of living in the propagation black hole!

73 Ed VE4VT