[3830] ARRLDX SSB KL7RA M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 9 05:23:08 EDT 2015

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): AL2F KA1NCN KL7RA
Station: KL7RA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: ALASKA

  160:   17     7
   20: 1077    57
   15: 1243    60
Total: 3249   253  Total Score = 2,463,714

Multi-Single effort decided with what crew was available and signed on for the
weekend. This was actually a good thing as the sun played smash face with
Alaska and dumped our ten meter rate. For the DX entry the station's score is
all about mults on Ten and for M/S you have to give up big rate on 15 or 20 to
flog weak ten meters for what scraps you can find. The same is true in the
evening, giving up big rate on 40 to snatch mults on 80 and 160. Ten did open
late Sunday, finally, but too little too late. Best comment, "I don't
speak full quieting, please readability, strength and your state." Kris,
AL2F and Dave, KA1NCN did the back to back running in perfect concert all day
and into the late evening while I did the 40 mop-up, 80 and 160 running the F1
machine while waiting for sunrise. I was told by a Canadian, "DX
only" when I called so you know how my night went and we all know Night
Shift wins contests which is what I tell our rate guys. Nice ending to the
final bell with a mult and of course the last few seconds dupe.      73 Rich
KL7RA