[3830] ARRLDX SSB F4BKV SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 9 16:14:43 EDT 2015

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: F4BKV
Operator(s): F4BKV
Station: F4BKV

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH:

  160:    0     0
Total: 1546   210  Total Score = 973,980

I started the first 12 hours without assistance, but finally decided to switch
on the cluster and moved in the "Unlimited" category. My amplifier is
still on it's long way back from FT4TA (somewhere in a container hi:) .. but
finally, it was good fun to operate with the 100w and my location, on the west
of France certainly paid a lot for this contest ! I listen quite strong US
stations on 160m but with 100w, it seems like mission impossible to get a qso !
 On the other side, I was surprised to get a 10/15min decent run on 80m the
sunday at my sunrise. 40m is too hard with a single vertical and few radials ..
fortunately, the Ultrabeam perform good in the higher bands.
Contesters, and specially US contesters are really kind and understandable when
it come to pick one station. No time spend to request "only xyz" for
ever .. if you ask someone to come back, EVERYONE else is just standing by ...
It would be a perfect world if during dxpeditions, all DX'ers have the same
behaviour as the contesters  ! :)

73

Vincent F4BKV
http://www.f4bkv.net