[3830] ARRLDX SSB K1VR M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 9 16:46:05 EDT 2015

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K1VR
Operator(s): K1VR SP4Z
Station: K1VR

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Lincoln, MA

   20:  659   105
   15:  733   106
   10:  802   101
-------------------
Total: 2783   486  Total Score = 4,031,370

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Throughout the contest, we had big noise from a power line tranformer on the
street. This required that we keep the Noise Blanker ON, which is not good.  It
encourages splatter on our run frequency. Sorry if we couldn’t get you into
our log.

And then -- on Monday afternoon after the contest, the noise went quiet. It was
probably water condensation now gone from transformer, or something else. The
QRM has now  dissapeared, just two days late :-(

Anyway, it was nice to see all our friends, and to encounter many new hams -
especially on 10m. There were dozens of Netherlander 25W stations.

One sad problem:  All weekend, and on many bands, there were bad DX Cluster
alerts from about UT7E’s frequency.  For example: T77, ZB2, C3 and TF, and
others. Those were fake spots. We hope the culprit can be found by IP adress
and shamed.

73 to all,

Fred, K1VR, and Wes, SP4Z