[3830] ARRLDX SSB LU8YE M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 9 17:44:32 EDT 2015

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: LU8YE
Operator(s): LU1YT LU1YW LU4YAU LU6VID LU7AMC LU7DW LU7YS LU7YWC LU8VR LU9VEA LW2DX
Station: LU8YE

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: SMA, Patagonia

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   15: 1123    60
   10: 1413    57
-------------------
Total: 3888   230  Total Score = 2,679,960

EQUIPMENT

Yaesu FT1000D, FT1000MP, FT1000MP Mark V & Icom IC756

All HB LINEAR AMPLIFIERS

2 X 4-1000A (40m) - single 3-1000Z (20M) - 2 X 4-400Z (BKP) - single GS35b
monobander 15 meters & single GS35b monobander 10 meters.

ANTENNAS

10 METERS 5 EL OWA YAGI (G0KSC DESIGN)

15 METERS 5 EL OWA YAGI (YU7EF DESIGN)

20 METERS JVP449 (DJ2UT DESIGN)

40 METERS 2 EL YAGI LINEAR LOADED (LU7YS DESIGN)

Comments:

Murphy came to visit Patagonia and stay with us....2 MPs, 2 HV Power supplies,
a band pass filter and an amplifier failed during the contest (was GREAT having
LU6VID on the team.. he spent almost all the contest repairing stuff) ..when
the 10 meter monobander amplifier HV burned, the shack was full of packed smoke
white !! we need to leave  the place for some minutes because of smoke...Any way
we have a lot of fun with friends and a lot of delicious home-made food.

I had a blast running more than 100 Q/h on 40 meter, remember that Patagonia is
located VERY FAR south away from US/Canada...

We were used Win-Test for first time and it work flawless and in excellent way,
was very nice to return to use a CT style contest software.

Many thanks for all the QSOs....

73 de Claudio LU7DW... one of LU8YE�'s (Radio club de los Andes) GANG