[3830] ARRLDX SSB N2GC M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 9 22:33:39 EDT 2015

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N2GC
Operator(s): N2GC KD2FIX
Station: N2GC

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NY

Total: 1415   418  Total Score = 1,774,410

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

We had planned for a serious effort in this one but a few things derailed those
plans at the last minute. All my wire antennas are designed so that I can
quickly add slack to them when not being used in contests. When I went out in
the 3 feet of snow Friday morning to raise them I quickly realized that wasn't
going to happen. I could not pull the coax out of the snow as in previous years
because in between snow storms we had a rain storm that quickly froze creating a
3-4 inch layer of ice close to the ground incasing the cables. This will be
addressed before next winter. Then my son came home from school and said he had
a sore throat and didn't feel good. So this turned out to be a one radio part
time multi-single with antennas at 20-25'. My son felt better on Sunday and had
a few good runs on 10 meters. The good news is that the snow is finally starting
to melt and should be gone by WPX! Look for us as WN2O.