[3830] ARRLDX SSB WO1N SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 9 23:25:08 EDT 2015

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: WO1N
Operator(s): WO1N
Station: WO1N

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: EMA

  160:    0     0
Total:  655   320  Total Score = 627,840

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Station : FTDX5000, C3-SS at 38', 40M Dipole at 45', 80M Double L vertical, N1MM+

 A planned 500Q effort, but conditions were pretty good, so kept at it.

 Mostly S&P, N1MM+ says about 17 hours.

 Resurrected a pair of Heil BM10 headphones that I bought at a local
 hamfest in 1989. No pads for the ears so by the end of the weekend I had
taped
 surgical gauze to them to give my ear surfaces a break. K3NA would not
approve.

 As a result, I spent some time to research alternatives and ordered up the
 Yamaha CM-500 which seems all the rage these days.

 AC Line noise full on. Local power company has promised to fix it, this week.

 Day late and a dollar short on many fronts, I guess.

 Ken
 WO1N