[3830] NA Sprint RTTY K5ZM(@W7VO) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 15 10:19:44 EDT 2015

                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest - March

Call: K5ZM
Operator(s): K5ZM
Station: W7VO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OR

---------------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Team: SECC and Friends

Comments:

Wow -five more Qs than in the CW version. Maybe things are starting to gel! The
goal for this one was to surpass 100 Qs and I really didn't care by what
amount. Guess I met my goal. Suffered some macro snafus right out of the gate.
Fixed them straight away but never was able to make up for those lost minutes.
Also suffered some RF issues somewhere in the shack when I tried to go to 80m.
High SWR would kick the amp off-line so my 11 Qs on that band were all with ~35
watts.

I've never done the RTTY Sprint before so I have no baseline to judge by, but
it just seemed like there weren't very many stations on. Felt like I was
swimming in dupes very early on. Tnx again to Mike, W7VO for the use of the
station.

Ian, K5ZM