[3830] ARRLDX SSB KW4B SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 16 18:31:16 EDT 2015

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KW4B
Operator(s): KW4B
Station: KW4B

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Savannah, GA
Operating Time (hrs):

   10:  306   918
-------------------
Total:  643   222  Total Score = 428,238

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Rig used was a Kenwood TS-480SAT. Antenna used was a Diamond BB7V vertical, not
exactly suited for contesting or the lower bands. Had to use the antenna tuner
on 80m, but I did surprisingly better with it on 80m than I expected or than I
have done in previous contests. Operating low power on 40m and 20m was an
exercise in frustration the whole weekend. Performed well on 15m and 10m,
which
isn't unusual for this antenna. JA's weren't as loud as I've heard them
previously and were harder to work this time around. I continued to struggle
get into the Middle East and North Africa, but eventually worked Kuwait, Saudi
Arabia and Egypt. Could hear Israel quite well but couldn't bust the pile-up.
Fun contest, but a lot of work. I see some antenna changes in my future.

Kevin
KW4B