[3830] Commonwealth G4BUO Open-12 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 17 08:00:52 EDT 2015

                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest

Call: G4BUO
Operator(s): G4BUO
Station: G4BUO

Class: Open-12 HP
QTH: Hextable, Kent

Total:  285  Total Score = 5,185

Decided not to go to the M6T superstation this year, and domestic commitments
led me to try the 12-hour section. I will leaving this QTH soon and it plays
pretty well, given that it is in a valley! Coupled with the fact that I only
have wire antennas here I was pleased to get close to 300 Qs. The 84ft flat-top
doublet at 40ft was designed as an extended double zepp for 20m but I
consistently find I get out better on 15. The 80m antenna is an inverted L up
55ft. No SO2R this year, and of course no cluster.

I found VK/ZL activity to be down, but perhaps that is due to the lack of high
yagis! Like others, I was disappointed with LF activity and when I got up for
my last hour of operation at 06:00 I expected to fill in lots of missing VEs on
80, but it just didn't happen.

Dave G4BUO