[3830] Rus DX VE3VN SO Mixed QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 22 10:14:27 EDT 2015

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: VE3VN
Operator(s): VE3VN
Station: VE3VN

Class: SO Mixed QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    3     0         2         0
   40:   52     0        19         0
   20:   91     0        32        19
   15:   10     0         8         2
Total:  156     0        61        21  Total Score = 66,092

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I picked exactly the wrong weekend to enter as QRP. Conditions were so bad I
couldn't copy myself on the rig's internal monitor. In the first 2 hours I had
only 4 QSOs. It got a little better later, though not by enough to allow my 5
watts to be well heard. There is no QRP CW category in this contest but there
was really no point in trying SSB. For me the contest was over before it
started, and I dialled back to an intermittent casual effort. That's
unfortunate because I was looking forward to this contest. Maybe next year.