[3830] Rus DX NA8V SO Mixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 22 14:45:42 EDT 2015

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: NA8V
Operator(s): NA8V
Station: NA8V

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: Mi

  160:   10               3
   80:   38      6       20
   40:  153     27       47        10
   20:  200     36       51        34
   15:  103     23       33        10
   10:    9      7        9
Total:  513     99      163        54  Total Score = 620,186

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Condx were horrible at the start.  Got better as time went on but were never
really 'good'.  My first go at a mixed mode contest - probably should have hit
fone earlier as I got quite a few mults there.  No packet.

Last year I had as many oblasts on 15 as i did on all bands in this one - and
as many mults on 10 as I had on 20 this year.  BUT, given the generally good
condx we've had for the major contest weekends the past two years a bad weekend
was overdue.

Biggest disappointment, aside from condx in general, were all the loud stations
on 80 that didn't even give me a ??.  Band seemed good early but couldn't work
anyone.  Don't know if it was condx or that my 80 feed/phasing lines spent the
past week under water from the spring snow melt.  :)

Went to bed for a couple hours at 08z.  Finally got up at 11z, 20 sounded punk
in a 15 second check so went back to bed.

Highlights were scarce.
  There was a nice opening over the pole on 15 after dark - I worked 6 oblasts
in the far east compared to only 4 in western Russia.  Worked more UA0's than
JA's.
  Also saw my first Robins of the spring out my window Saturday morning - took
some of the sting out of my rate of <20 for the first few hours.

greg/na8v

                                 2015 RDXC NA8V
                                 Continent List

                    160    80    40    20    15    10    30    17    12    ALL
                    ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---    ---
      USA calls =     7    16    55    53    39     3     0     0     0    173
   Canada calls =     2     6     7     5     2     0     0     0     0     22
       NA calls =     1     8     8     7     6     3     0     0     0     33
       SA calls =     0     0     6     9     7    10     0     0     0     32
     Euro calls =     0    13    92   126    50     0     0     0     0    281
  African calls =     0     1     7     1     3     0     0     0     0     12
    Asian calls =     0     0     4    31    10     0     0     0     0     45
    Japan calls =     0     0     0     2     6     0     0     0     0      8
    Ocean calls =     0     1     3     2     3     0     0     0     0      9

    Total calls =    10    45   182   236   126    16     0     0     0    615