[3830] ARRLDX CW PW0F M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 23 11:44:00 EDT 2015

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: PW0F
Operator(s): OH2BH
Station: PW0F

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Fernando de Noronha

  160:    0     0
   20: 1192    58
   15: 1109    59
   10: 1336    59
-------------------
Total: 4440   279  Total Score = 3,711,258

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

PY0F is a bit too rare DXCC country for contests:
The pileups grow too much and become difficult to handle.
And working split is practically impossible in big contests.
Another problem is that hundreds of non-W/VE-stations call all the time.
What to do? Ignore them, damn them, or work them, that�'s the question.

Our QTH was a small lot in the middle of a village.
Sorry for not having 160 due to lack of space (and lack of time to put it up).
We had to hang the 80m dipole over a street (in darkness...); the next morning
a neighbouring older lady saw our dipole and commented: "Hopefully we now
get a better Internet connection here on the island..."

A wise man once said: "Whatever you do, you should have fun"
We certainly had fun on the bands and with the other pleasant attractions on
the island.

Rigs: Elecraft K3 + Amp (Alpha 91beta with 500W out)
Ant:  2 el for 40, A4S tribander 10-15-20, 80m dipole.

73, until the next one !