[3830] WPX SSB K6ND M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 29 20:13:00 EDT 2015

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: K6ND
Operator(s): K3JO K6ND N1RR W1VE
Station: K6ND

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MA

   15: 1136

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Will K6ND went to extraordinary efforts to replace the frozen rotor the week of
the contest and it was a significant effort in the cold over the course of
Monday and Tuesday and then testing and final torque on Wednesday before
cranking the 54ft tower back up. This change included going to an M2 rotor and
a GHE box. We're all very happy with the results and for Will's effort.

We're thinking of our friend Mike, WM1K as he was diagnosed with cancer this
past week. We and the YCCC are praying for you Mike!

We had help both evenings from Velimir, K3JO while K1LZ went SOAB, and Gerry
W1VE came Saturday afternoon for 24hr visit. Will and I closed it out the last
8 hours.

The first day was great with 2000+ QSOs, but the second day was brutal and slow
with weak signals and severe QSB at times. On Sunday we switched operators more
often than usual in order to keep the pressure on and the bandmap clear.

All in W1-land are happy to see WINTER ending and for station maintenance and
upgrades to begin.

Again thanks to Will and Pam !!
-Charlie N1RR