[3830] WPX SSB N7RQ SOSB15 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 29 20:40:40 EDT 2015

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: N7RQ
Operator(s): N7RQ
Station: N7RQ

Class: SOSB15 HP
QTH: N7RQ
Operating Time (hrs):

   15: 1753

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

What a crazy weekend!  I almost didn't operate after starlings tore up cables to
our main antenna (SteppIR) prior to the contest, but decided to give it a try
using our 40 meter antenna as a 15-meter rotatable dipole, our fixed JA
15-meter antenna, and our Bencher Skyhawk fixed east.  Those three antennas
gave me enough diversity to accomplish a fair score on 15-meters.  I can't say
I've ever heard Europe open all day like I did the first day.  The second day,
the conditions deteriorated considerably, but I was fortunate to work nearly a
thousand more QSOs through the mush.  Thanks to my husband & head
cheerleader Bob K8IA for meals and awesome tech support!