[3830] Rus DX IZ3NVR SO Mixed QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 30 04:54:52 EDT 2015

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: IZ3NVR
Operator(s): IZ3NVR
Station: IZ3NVR

Class: SO Mixed QRP
QTH: JN65ep

  160:    1      0        1         0
   80:    1      0        1         0
   40:   28      5       21         6
   20:   79     46       29        36
   15:  102    112       30        49
   10:   31     63       16        30
Total:  242    226       98       121  Total Score = 801,102

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Wow, that was one of the best contest in a few. It was a long time I did not
operate in a 24 hours contest and in a Mixed mode one in a serious effort. It
was definitely fun, especially trying to balance CW vs SSB QSOs and to chase
Mults in both modes. SO2R played a decent role in here. Ended up being
slightely unbalanced towards CW Qs but, at the beginning of the contest, I
really thought I would have gone 90% to CW and very few on phone.
Glad to hear so much activity in the bands, probably thanks to the fact that it
was a WRTC qualifier event.
Best score ever and really lots of fun. I hope it will survive the log
checking, russians are definitely CW masters and my 30WPM CW skills might be a
bit sloppy to handle their 40WPM four-digit serials :)

First time ever I can make at least 1 QSO per band in all the active bands for
the contest. This was definitely prising for me and my Always updating contest
station. I am glad that wire on 160m (and the awesome ears of DL5AXX ;) ) made
this possible. I can't wait to enter CQWPX CW SOAB and doing a -real- SOAB :)

Thanks for all the QSOs and see you next contest

Stefano