[3830] WPX SSB NG1G(K1SD) SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 30 15:21:56 EDT 2015

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NG1G
Operator(s): K1SD
Station: K1SD

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Rhode Island

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

Difficult conditions here.  Saturday night the K3 started showing excessively
high VSWR on all bands and all antennas.  Pulled the plug and went to bed.  In
the morning I thought I might have pushed the Ant 2 button with no antenna
connected to #2.  Negative.  Later thought maybe the Ameritron RCS-8V Remote
Coax Switch might be suspect.  Bypassed the tri-bander stack directly into the
shack.  Voila.  At least I was able to limp through the rest on the contest
with 10 - 20.

    73 James K1SD

Elecraft K3; Ten Tec Titan
Bencher Skyhawk @ 70'; Cushcraft A4S @ 42'; Inverted Vs 40 and 80.