[3830] WPX SSB 3V8SS(KF5EYY) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 31 02:22:09 EDT 2015

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: 3V8SS
Operator(s): KF5EYY
Station: 3V8SS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Sousse
Operating Time (hrs): 36h00

   15: 1370

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Heavy winds were blowing on Sousse Friday night let me reckon that the antennas
won't withstand until the end of the contest. I spent a long time on the roof
thinking about possible scenarios then decided to go and sleep and wish things
will go OK.
Contest start was very bad. Couldn't manage to do the usual north american
pileup the first hour. Signals don't get through with 100W. So I decided to
jump a couple of hours and start at 3 local time for low bands which were -also
- disappointing.
High bands were amazing. Condx were promising and I led me to put the world LP
record in mind, however, "winds don't blow as the boats' wish", says
the Arabic proverb. Propagation towards USA was surprisingly bad! I was looking
at MUF maps which confirmed that. Central/South American stations were heard
like local AM broadcast, but looks like a big wall is built on the US or that
US hams decided to boycott the contest and go fishing!!
I estimated the result loss by 200 WPXs. That doesn't prevent me from being
very happy with the earnd 10m points!
Many thanks goes to my fiancé for the support, meal and cake brought during
the contest! (When I used to read contest stories before, I found it strange
that people say "thanks to my wife for letting me doing this
contest"! Now that I'm 2 months away from my wedding, I strongly feel the
need to make special mentions in my contest stories in the hope that I won't
find much restrictions in my next one, hihi!)

Thank you for the nice contest and see you in the next one insh'allah!

73 Ash 3V/KF5EYY
www.kf5eyy.info