[3830] 7QP WS7L SOCW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 3 14:49:20 EDT 2015

                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: WS7L
Operator(s): WS7L
Station: WS7L

Class: SOCW HP
QTH: OR

----------------------------
Total:  511     0       0  Mults = 65  Total Score = 99,645

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Call me Goldilocks but I found this contest "just right". It's small
enough that even a pipsqueak with a vertical like me can find and hold a
frequency -- and easily get another if one gets kicked off -- but big enough
that the QSOs just keep coming. My rate meter never got this much exercise.
Sustained rates of 70+, and best "last ten" was 240. That was on 80.
I thought 80 was dead because there were only about 8 signals I could hear but
then I called CQ and found out that the whole country was S&Ping.

Got a bit more exercise with SO2V when things slowed down a bit.

73 and thanks for all the calls. Special thanks to all the EU and JA DX who
called in on 15, 20, and 40. Nice to hear you folks!

Carl WS7L

K-Line @ 500 W, Cushcraft R-6000 (10/15/20), Butternut HF-2V (40/80), home made
top loaded vertical on 160.