[3830] CWopsT VE7FO HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu May 7 00:19:42 EDT 2015

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z May 7

Call: VE7FO
Operator(s): VE7FO
Station: VE7FO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Vancouver

   80:   6      2
   40:  48     43
   20:   7      7
Total:  61     52  Total Score = 3,172

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Well, not so good this time.  Tried starting on 15.  Didn't even get spotted by
any skimmers.  Gave that up PDQ and went to 20.  Lots of CQ's for every Q.
S&P was worse.  Here I am, 9 minutes in and only 7 Qs.  Never make my 75 Qs
this way so switch to 40.  Ahh... that's better - sort of.  QSB wasn't too bad
and signals mostly fairly readable.  Did a bit of S&P for 5 minutes.
Netted 9 Qs and then started running.  Had the rate meter up to 130 briefly
which made me think 75 Qs might be doable until I ran out of callers.  Switched
to 80 at 0350 and managed to make another 7 Qs before the end, just nudging my Q
total up to 61.  Under the circumstances I'm reasonably happy with this.

My apologies to those who called that I couldn't copy.

Won't be on next week.

73, Jim  VE7FO