[3830] CWopsT K4BAI HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu May 7 08:03:29 EDT 2015

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z May 7

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA/USA

  160:   0      0
   80:  17      2
   40:  65     55
   20:  17     17
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  99     74  Total Score = 7,326

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, Alpha 91b, 1 KW, TH6DXX, dipole, inverted vee.  15M seemed dead 10
minutes before the start and CQs brought no answers, so I started on 20M.
Wonder if I missed anything on 15?  20M seemed good for DX before the start
with a very strong special event Spanish stations and I heard UA6HZ weak.
Bert, F6HKA, was, however, the only DX heard in CWT on 20M.  The band was good
to W6/W7 areas, fair to TX, and the only other stations worked were K1GU and
N8BJQ.  40M started good for DX with the #2 QSO being 9A7R, but the only other
DX heard or worked was FG8NY, Jean.  Otherwise 40 was good to most areas of
North America and running was possible, which was not the case on 20 or 80.
Missed KM6Z and other west coast caller dur to strong QRN. Very sorry about
that.  80M had strong signals from coast to coast and, while the QRN was higher
on 80, I don't think I missed any callers on that band.  Thanks for all QSOs.
Very thankful to have my FT1000MP back from repairs at WA4GEG's shop, whcih
also means that I now have consistently working rig control.  I have been told
that the transmitted signal sounds better than the back up IC756Pro and I like
to listen to and use it better than the back up, which is now back to being the
six meter rig just in time for E-skip season on that band.  Now, the other MP
goes to WA4GEG next week or the week after.  Hope to see many of you in Dayton
next week.  73, John, K4BAI.