[3830] SS CW N3JT Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 8 09:06:55 EST 2015

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N3JT
Operator(s): N3JT
Station: N3JT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My goal was 500 QSOs and I got there earlier that I had planned but still did
not want to dedidate Sunday calling huge numbers of CQ all afternoon.  So that
was that, and one more contribution to the club score than would otherwise have
unfolded.

The remote operation of my Virginia station from Florida went well, But that
was only after the first few QSOs when guys could not copy my report contents.
I knew it wasn't a problem of signal strength.  I turned on the local rig here
in Florida and instantly heard the problem:  loss of packets sufficient to
distort CW letter elements,  I was sure that was the Internet but I rebooted
the laptop and the problem entirely disappeared.  So there was some memory
anomaly that affected CW transmission on the COM port.

Jim, N3JT