[3830] SS CW N2GZ SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 8 22:03:18 EST 2015

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N2GZ
Operator(s): N2GZ
Station: N2GZ

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: CT

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I am reasonably new to CW and the exchange for SS is quite a challenge. I had a
goal of a clean sweep (as always!) and 100 QSOs.  After the first 5 contacts I
was feeling overwhelmed and memories of last years experience started to return
(8 QSOs were logged in 2014; I was VERY new to CW at that time). I decided to
keep pushing on and before I new it I had 60 or so sections in the log and it
was time for bed.  Most of the remaining sections came without too much trouble
in the morning.  Number 83 was YT1AAA, who had been spotted hours before I was
able to work him. I kept checking for propagation while doing yard work and by
about 1800z he was copy-able, probably one of the most challenging contacts of
this weekend; large simplex pileup with many stations louder than the DX, and
he was sending at a speed several notches above my comfort level.  Despite
having many chores to do this weekend, I did up my goal to 150 contacts and
managed to keep my butt in the chair for almost 12 hours.  I'm satisfied to
have worked all 83, and to have had the opportunity to get some much needed CW
practice.  Ill be back to do it again next year!