[3830] SS CW W4PK SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 8 22:06:18 EST 2015

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: VA

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Being somewhat CW-challenged I spent most of the contest just answering the
folks who were running.  But I did try running for the last couple of hours or
so with moderate success.

I operated for 14 hours, 7 of them being Saturday evening and the remaining 7
Sunday afternoon and evening.

I am comfortable at 25WPM but anything greater and I am prone to make mistakes.
I am sure that some of them crept into my log.

I managed to get all sections except for NT.

I have a 4-square on 80M and Sunday evening I did note that when I had the NE
direction selected I was getting spotted by several stations in EU.  If I
selected other directions the number of spots were significantly reduced.

73, Sam W4PK