[3830] SS CW K0TG SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 8 22:11:47 EST 2015

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K0TG
Operator(s): K0TG
Station: K0TG

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: MN

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Plans changed at the beginning.  I was going to go Unlimited HP, due to band
condx, but had amp issues, so stuck with unlimited and went to LP.  Glad I did
that at least.

The bands seemed to be in pretty good shape the 1st half Saturday.  Sunday was
another story though.  The high bands were not doing it for me.  So did some
yard work Sunday afternoon and checked things here and there on the radio.
When 40 came to life, that was the money band.  Over half of my QSO's were on
that band.

It was tough sledding. I could not really get a rate going on the high bands
and that was S&P.  40 worked out well with some good rates.  Just could not
get the QSO counter over 600 though.  Another close one.  :)

Missed NT for the sweep.  I looked and never found them.  Seems that if you do
not get them the first day, you are sunk.  That theory holds true again!

Only worked one NE this year.  That was another tough one along with WY and
NNY.

Loads of fun!

73, John  K0TG