[3830] SS CW KT8K Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 8 22:19:03 EST 2015

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: KT8K
Operator(s): KT8K
Station: KT8K

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: EN82cg SE Michigan
Operating Time (hrs): 21:33

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Grueling but big fun!  The aftermath of the big CME was amazingly quiet
conditions on 40 and 80m, which allowed almost everyone to hear my tiny
signal.
Crowding on 20 and 40 was more of a problem than anything else.

I didn't get quite the start I wanted - conditions were still a bit under the
influence of the recent solar flares - but things went just OK.  While Saturday
night was not great, Sunday AM saw the lowest QRN levels I've experienced in a
long time.  Still, only heard KL7RA on Saturday afternoon and then never again,
and never heard KH6 or the Northern provinces at all.

I hope to put you all in the log in the SSB version, and good reception to all
until then.  73 de kt8k - Tim

station equipment: Tentec Orion I, MFJ Grandmaster memory keyer, N1MM+
Antennas:  20/40/80 inverted vee, apex at 45 feet
vertical dipole for 10/15/20 suspended in tree at about 60 feet
500 foot horizontal loop fed with TV twin lead and an LDG Z-11 autotuner