[3830] SS CW K5YAA Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 8 22:27:19 EST 2015

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K5YAA
Operator(s): K5YAA
Station: K5YAA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OK

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

I see a number of ops got the YT - VY1AAA. I missed having him call me! I used
the second radio to find quick Qs but never looked hard for YT.

Not using a "scope" to see what is going on I just kept running and
had 82 sections by Saturday evening with NE being the last of 82. Several ND
and SD stations. Even RI in this one.

40 meters was an endless well and 80 wasn't bad where I had almost as many Qs
as on 20 and 15. 15 not as hot Sunday and I took a look at ten but no blips on
the P3 when I looked.

Having folks ask QRL? before hammering away is a 50-50 proposition. Some did
but several did not. Plop - CQ SS right on frequency. I stayed with it most
times but had to shuffle a time or two.

Many old call signs in Sweepstakes - its fun to still see a number of folks
above ground and able to still do the Morse.

This is my best effort since the late sixties when I made the top ten box in
1968. No top ten for sure, not with the champs around today, but I am satisfied
that I pushed hard and stayed with it.

Thanks ARRL and all who support the Sweepstakes behind the scenes.

73 - Jerry K5YAA
Rig: Dual K3s, Dual Alpha 9500s, N1MM+ and Force 12 6el 15, 6el 20, 3el 40.
A Vee for 80 that played pretty well. 80 was as stable as I have seen it with
low noise.