[3830] SS CW W1SRD SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 8 22:52:44 EST 2015

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W1SRD
Operator(s): W1SRD
Station: W1SRD

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH:

Club: Mother Lode DX & Contest Club

Comments:

Tried to use new Flex 6700 SO2R with Writelog. Didn't work. Last minute switch
to N1MM+ (I've never used in contest) and quick SO2R mixing the 6700 and an
FT-5000 using MK2R resulted in expected last minute snafus. Overall happy with
results considering how bad it could have gone. Sent wrong section for first
hour... and experienced other unexpected N1MM+ behaviors I need to learn and
get used to. Apologies to all that had interrupted QSO's.
The Flex is an amazing radio with the new 1.5 software, but the 5000 is no
slouch either. We'll see how it does in phone.
All in all a fun SS. The elusive 1200 Q's still sits out there as a goal -
someday.
TU for the Q's es CU in 2 weeks.
73,
Steve