[3830] SS CW NE9U SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 9 00:20:46 EST 2015

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: NE9U
Operator(s): NE9U
Station: NE9U

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: wi

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Had hoped to put in a good low power effort.  Have new station hardware and all
worked well for first 4 hours as a LP SO2R.  Then murphy struck.  Rx on my K3
got knocked way way down...must have overloaded front end  (all my antennas are
on or hung from my 56 foot HDBX)  Does anyone have an idea if this might be user
fixable or is it due for a trip to the Elecraft shop?
So anyway...ripped things apart and went as an uninspired part time SO1R the
rest of the way.
On a happier note...got my sweep for 24th consecutive year (yeah, i
know...unlimited.  :-)  NT didn't want to be easy.  Monitored the reverse
beacon network for VY1 and VE8 and a spot popped up for VY1AAA high in the band
Sunday morning....no callers and ESP level in northern Wisconsin...got him after
3 or 4 repeats....then 10 minutes later he peaked up to s5.....low number....

Not sure if I'll be on for SSB or not.....

Scott  NE9U

Elecraft K3
Yaesu FT1000D
Cushcraft A4 on HDBX 56