[3830] SS CW N4BP SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 9 07:54:41 EST 2015

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N4BP
Operator(s): N4BP
Station: N4BP

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: SFL

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

15M was smokin' at the start, 118 first hour, 115 second hour.  Then all
came to a screeching halt on 20 & 40.  For me, 20M is always a disaster,
but I'm amazed at how well my simple dipole works on 40M.  As usual, 40M
was the money band with 15M a close second.  Last two mults were AB and NT.
I saw VE6EX spotted on 20M several times but couldn't hear him.  When he
QSYed to 15M, he was an easy catch.  I saw VY1AAA spotted many times, but
never caught so much as a whisper.  By Sunday afternoon, it looked like a
repeat of last year as KP2RUM with the same 82 mults.  Then late Sunday, I
saw VE8EV spotted on 15M and apparently made it to him before the hoardes.
Several repeats from both of us, and we made each other's logs.  My BIC
time was restricted by newly developed sciatica, had to get up and hobble
around the house frequently to try and relieve the pain.  Still, N1MM+ sez
I put in 23.5 op time.  Always my favorite contest and I think a personal
best.