[3830] SS CW N4FCG(K8MR) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 9 09:01:09 EST 2015

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N4FCG
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: N4FCG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WCF

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

We just arrived on Friday at our new FL winter QTH, so I did not have much time
to get things organized for SS. I did, however, want to get on and to do my
traditional Single Op Multi Station efforts. I had originally wanted to do both
from a salt water location, but in the end chose to do this one from the condo
parking lot, which backs up to a small green space/dog walking area. I do have
the usual mobile/rover minivan on this trip, so I used the "33 Foot
Hamstick", 33 feet of wire held up by a DK9SQ fiberglass mast, and the K3
powered from the car battery. It as always worked well - I didn't feel worse
off than a typical A power station.

My operating was in segments largely determined by the battery in my logging
computer, which was also good timing for the op. It is still quite warm in FL,
so there was a lot of sweat and bugs to contend with.

Fifteen meters is a nice band from down here. Only one QSO on ten, but it was
worth it, WA6FGV who happened to be my SB multiplier. With the elevated
geomagnetic activity, it was a good weekend to be down south.

Thanks to N4BP for use of the N4FCG call. When in Florida, one ought to sound
like a Floridian! And yes, I did make it to the water for my QRP effort as
K8MR.