[3830] SS CW K0EU SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 9 12:15:46 EST 2015

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K0EU
Operator(s): K0EU
Station: K0EU

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: CO

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Nice to get back on after I had to bail early last year due to rig malfunction.
Things started out great, slightly better than two years ago, but then things
slowed down around midnight local. 80M was really tough. Not sure if it was a
local noise problem, or if the high A/K indices were to blame.

Although I had good rate in the first hour, I took a peek at the VY1AAA spot
frequency about 15 minutes in. To my surprise, all I heard was a weak VY1AAA
calling CQ and nobody calling him! I worked him right away and was surprised it
was only his second QSO. On Sunday afternoon, VE8EV called me and sent serial
number 1! How cool is that?

The only section not worked at least twice was ONN. Was a bit worried about
missing VE6 before my middle of the night nap, but then worked three of them
early Sunday morning almost back to back.

Thanks for all of the QSO's.

73 Randy K0EU