[3830] SS CW VE7XF SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 9 16:29:17 EST 2015

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: VE7XF
Operator(s): VE7XF
Station: VE7XF

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: near Vancouver

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Job #1 was to get a clean sweep and a mug for the collection. I didn't make it,
for the second year in a row. Not for lack of trying.

Condx were 'difficult' for most of the contest, but seemed to improve on Sunday
afternoon. During most of the contest, I heard nothing from AK, NT, AB, even as
they were spotted by the rest of the continent. MAR and NL were heard, but
weakly. In true Hollywood fashion, VY1AAA showed up in the last few minutes of
the contest, CQing on 40 with little response. I never did hear VE6, but think
that I could have worked them easily if one had shown up on 40 after dark.

80m is still plagued with broadband noise (S7+) and plasma TV (S9+20).
160m antenna not quite ready yet. 40m is the band of choice as the sun sets.

My YL, VE7TJF, will be doing the SSB section, maybe with a new 2 letter call.
She did quite well last year.

Ralph, VE7XF
K3, KPA500, 3el Steppir, wires. Mostly S&P.